Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DIY Will You Be My Bridesmaid Cards


I am a very crafty person. I love to make things, I'll bake, sew, cut, assemble, I'll try just about anything. I love looking at my end result. I love that people enjoy the things that I make, like my cake balls. Well since I like making things, I thought, why not try to make my own wedding invitations? And I decided I would practice by making "will you be my bridesmaid" cards. My first purchase in this venture was cardstock paper. Then the most valuable and impressive tool that I purchased was a Martha Stewart paper trimmer, that came with interchangable blades used for scoring and cutting. (I love this thing. And I should have purchased this long ago.) Then I searched on the internet for instructions on DIY wedding invitations. I used google mostly and was able to find quite a few DIY instructions. Then I looked at youtube. Wow, it's just like someone's right there showing you step by step how to your own personally customized invites. You can probably search youtube for just about everything. It's amazing. The picture above is the first "Will you be my bridesmaid?" card that I have made. I used two different colors of cardstock paper, brown and ivory. After constructing the card, I wrapped it in green ribbon and sealed it with silver wax stamped with the A (for Allen) monogram. The special touch was a peacock feather tucked under the ribbon. Three more to go...


2 comments:

  1. The bridesmaids cards look really pretty. Do you know what you are going to write in them? Uyen sent out some and had a cute poem in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I found some very cute and meaningful poems on the internet.

    ReplyDelete