Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Harn Homestead




Jerry and I toured the Harn Homestead today as a very possible and likely site for the wedding ceremony and reception. First, they have an open catering policy. Second, they can seat up to 200 people with tables, chairs, and linens provided. And we like the atmosphere. Jerry and I both agreed that we would like an outdoor ceremony.
The Harn Homestead is a historical site that has a stone and cedar barn and a gazebo all on ten acres. The possibilites are plenty since we can choose to have the ceremony anywhere. My vision is taking our vows under a large oak tree that has beautiful flowers on ribbons streaming down from it's branches. I would like to replicate that if possible. We could choose to have our reception outside instead of in the barn if we wanted too. I can't help but feel that I am honoring my "country" roots by choosing to have my wedding at a place like this. Being raised in a small country town, I love that outdoorsy, rustic, and country feeling. I just love the charm and comfort of it all. But I still want to have an elegant wedding that is memorable for everyone. The first picture posted is the outside of the barn at the Harn Homestead. The picture below is a picture I found on the internet of the interior of a barn decorated for a wedding reception.
So, next step now is to put down our deposit, which is 50% of the total facility rental fee. Once we do this, we are committed. Then I can finally spread the news and send out save the dates.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, booked the Harn Homestead finally. The date is pretty much set in stone. May 22, 2010 it is.

    ReplyDelete