Monday, January 11, 2010

DIY Peacock Wedding Invitations


And here's a preview of the wedding invites. I am using the same colors as I used for the STDs. They are pocketfolds that I constructed from a single metallic bronze 8.5 x 11 inch piece of cardstock. At first, I wanted to use green ribbon to complete this, but I think it may be better if I made belly bands out of cardstock. The color would be green instead of white of course. I am loving the peacock feather. My due date to have the invites out is March 19. So I have ordered lots of Curious Metallic Bronze 92 lb cardstock and lots of Stardream Crystal 65 lb cover paper. It's set to arrive mid week and then I will be busy cutting and folding away.
You know, it may have been alot less of a hassle and probably about the same price to buy pre-made invites, but it's priceless to have it personalized and created by your own hands. Plus, I love doing this. (Check on me in a month or two to see if I still feel the same.)

No comments:

Post a Comment